Home Page
  • March 28, 2024, 07:01:29 pm *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official site launch very soon, hurrah!

Author Topic: Status Hot Keys v1.5.1 - Window Z-Order Fix  (Read 9383 times)

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
Status Hot Keys v1.5.1 - Window Z-Order Fix
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:36:47 am »

This will probably be my final update (v1.5.1, binary, source) on this project for a while unless other bugs are found, or enough interest is generated on a specific request by enough people.

The problem with window raising/lowering in KDE is now fixed. GTK/GDK was not acting how it was supposed to in regards to focusing and changing window Z-order (gdk_window_lower/gdk_window_raise/gdk_window_focus/gtk_window_present) and I had to add a very hack-ey solution to get it working in both Gnome and KDE. It’s not a pretty or elegant solution, but it works. It also still won’t give focus to the Buddy List window when it is raised in KDE, but I feel the end result is close enough for government work.

I’m going to go ahead and announce it today by adding it to the Pidgin plugin wiki :-). I’m finally interfacing with the rest of the open source world, yay! XD

Oh yes, I forgot to add something on my last update post. I originally had planned to also add an option so that double clicking the taskbar/docklet icon would always open the Buddy List instead of toggling visibility. This was unfortunately not possible due to how Pidgin is programmed. I found exactly where the problem was, and know how to fix it by modifying the Pidgin source (probably by generating a signal for an event), but I am not really interested in trying to get a patch pushed through for that on Pidgin, so alas.