Main Site Discussion > Projects

Plex Playlist Importer

<< < (3/10) > >>

clowg:
I'm happy to arrange a time to IM and see if we can sort it.
What time zone are you in?

Dakusan:
I think I found the problem. The plex database can apparently have NULL values for a song's duration. If you are running from code, replace line 109:

--- Code: ---DBFileDurations.append(Val[1])
--- End code ---
with:

--- Code: ---DBFileDurations.append(Val[1] if Val[1] is not None else 0)
--- End code ---

If that doesn't work, or you aren't running from code, I'll shoot you an email with my IM info (I see you provided it to the forum). I am in CST, but I have very odd hours so that doesn't necessarily mean much ^_^.

If that DOES work, let me know so I can make a final code commit.

clowg:
I am running from the binary. I'm not a coder  :(

Email me yr contact info - Skype OK?

clowg:
Hi there,I have given Plex a couple of days to run background refresh tasks etc, and it hasn’t helped. 

The two Playlists that I have imported cannot display the track listing - either in Web or PHT views.  PHT tries to load the view for about 30 seconds and then comes up with an error - which I can't remember the exact wording of at the moment. 

It gave me a black screen a couple of times, which I could 'exit' back to the main Playlist list after it timed out on trying to load the track list. 

It can play the Playlist though.  Just select the Playlist with the arrow keys and then press play and it plays in the order in the original playlist file. 

Of course without being able to enter into the Playlist track listing I can't select Random Play.Is there anything else I can do to track down what has gone wrong with the imported Playlist? There is obviously something different about it compared to the manually created ones which work fine.

Cheers,

Dakusan:
I've only tested this on my 2 home servers, both of  which are running the latest Plex software. I've imported dozens of  playlists just fine, but all the ones I use have the songs stored  locally.

My personal guess at the moment from the variables I have been given  (just as likely to be wrong as right): Plex is trying to verify the  existence of all files in the playlist as part of the startup process  before it displays anything, or wanting to pull something  small out of the files for some reason. Each networked file is probably  taking like half a second to verify, so the list ends up timing out.

The background stuff you are talking about should only run once the  first time you add new content to plex (e.x. import a directory into  your plex database). You can see when that start and finished on the  plex web server interface, so that shouldn't be the  problem. Once it's loaded, it's in the database for instant lookup.

Things I would personally try to debug the problem to start narrowing down problems:
* Make sure your plex server is up to date
* Try manually creating a playlist with a few local songs to see what happens (Not using my script)
* If that works, make a .m3u with the same songs, and see if it imports ok into a new playlist
* Try doing the same thing with remote songs
* Do incrementally larger imports into different playlists (50 songs, 100 songs, 200 songs...)If it fails during one of those steps, that can give a clue to the problem.

Oh, it would also help to Google the error you get. That is always the best starting point to debugging a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version