Home Page
  • March 28, 2024, 09:21:41 am *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official site launch very soon, hurrah!

Author Topic: Star Trek at The Alamo  (Read 7878 times)

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
Star Trek at The Alamo
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:32:24 am »

Original post for Star Trek at The Alamo can be found at https://www.castledragmire.com/Posts/Star_Trek_at_The_Alamo.
Originally posted on: 05/08/09

First, I want to write a little about the Alamo Draft House, which is a local Austin theater chain (though it has expanded). I really enjoy going there for movies for the atmosphere, which includes:

• No children under 6 (unless otherwise noted)
  • Food and drinks
  • [Sometimes] themed food and pre-movie entertainment relating to the movie (my friends went there for the Indiana Jones opening and there were snake handlers with rattlesnakes and a cobra ^_^)
  • Playings of old good and/or cult classic movies

They also often organize shows, parties, and other events, including organizing the recent Austin branch of the largest [worldwide] Thriller dance event. I have been told they are one of the most profitable theater chains in history.

Anywho, I was there yesterday for the first showing (7pm) of the new Star Trek movie. Since I’m not a movie critic, I won’t say more than the fact that I thought it was absolutely spectacular, and Alamo’s pre-movie Star Trek themed clips were hilarious. I do however want to share their themed food menu.

Alamo Star Trek Food Menu

I think I went a bit overbored on the themed drinks. I had the worst headache afterwards x.x;
Alamo Star Trek Food Receipt