Home Page
  • March 28, 2024, 12:07:36 pm *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official site launch very soon, hurrah!

Author Topic: Reoccurring Actors  (Read 11100 times)

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
Reoccurring Actors
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:30:47 am »

Original post for Reoccurring Actors can be found at https://www.castledragmire.com/Posts/Reoccurring_Actors.
Originally posted on: 12/14/07

So I’ve been rewatching lots of old shows over the past few years that I watched as a kid and remember enjoying.  The latest reinstallment of this pattern would be Disney’s Gargoyles.  It’s still a lot of fun to watch even though the antagonists’ plots are a little... unbelievable sometimes :-).  The main reason I wanted to mention it though was the fact that it has a plethora of star trek actors, mostly from Next Generation, showing up in it.  Hearing familiar voices I recognize always makes me smile, especially when put to animated characters.  The ones I’ve recognized so far are:

Actor NameGargoyles RoleStar Trek Role
Jonathan FrakesXanatos (Main antagonist)Will Riker
Marina SirtisDemonaDeanna Troi
Michael DornColdSteel (One of Goliath’s rookery brothers) + Tarus in “The New Olympians”Worf
Brent SpinerPuck (Yes, Oberon/Titania’s fairy)Data
Nichelle NicholsDiane Maza (Female Cop’s mother)Uhura (OST)
Colm MeaneyMr. Dugan in “The Hound of Ulster”Miles O’Brien
Kate MulgrewTitania & Anastasia (Fox’s Mother)Katherine Janeway
Avery BrooksNokkar in “Sentinel” (Digitally enhanced)Benjamin Sisko
LeVar BurtonAnansi the spider in “Mark of the Panther” (Digitally enhanced)Geordi LaForge
John Rhys-DaviesMacBethLeonardo Da Vinci (Voyager... hey, he counts for Star Trek!! XD)

But of course, many of these actors have played dozens to hundreds of other rolls and deserve to be known for more than just Star Trek, including recently Nichelle Nichols on Heroes, right after George Takei (Sulu) left the stage.  If you haven’t ever seen any of Takei’s stand up, I would like to note it’s good stuff, and that he has a wonderful sense of humor.

On another note, John Rhys has always been one of my favorite actors too.  He’s been in more things than you could shake a stick at, and you probably wouldn’t have even realized about half of them.  Most people nowadays would most readily recognize him as Gimli from the Lord of the Rings movies.

One other recent smile came during rewatching DuckTales.  I’m sure anyone of my age group that watched the show will remember the Golden Goose episodes.  I had just noticed on a recent rewatching of the series that when the mystical water is used to turn things back from gold, it uses the lightsaber activation sound :-).