Home Page
  • March 28, 2024, 12:31:04 pm *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official site launch very soon, hurrah!

Author Topic: A weird thing happened today  (Read 8623 times)

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
A weird thing happened today
« on: November 20, 2010, 03:47:48 pm »

Original post for A weird thing happened today can be found at https://www.castledragmire.com/Posts/A_weird_thing_happened_today.
Originally posted on: 11/19/10

As previously noted, I’ve been doing a lot of work for a project in mostly C# and dynamic languages. I had a weird experience today when moving back to the C++ portion of the project. As I was going through and reading my code to pick back up on the rewrite I was needing to do, I could feel my mind making a sudden paradigm shift in thought and it gave me a half a second dizzy spell. This shift wasn’t about language syntax or structure, as I’m constantly switching between dozens of languages for different projects I’m working on. However, I have very different programming styles and ways to do things between dynamic versus structured languages, and I had been so deep rooted in those other sections of the project in the past few days, my mind just hadn’t caught up to the code I was trying to read yet and had to tell me to hold on for a second while it reorganized so it could properly read the current type of code :-).

As a matter of fact... I think there are at least 11 “languages” I am having to use for this project (for sake of the count I am including scripting languages 0:-) ). C, C++, C#, Perl, PHP, SQL, Flash, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and Bash scripting.