Home Page
  • March 28, 2024, 06:27:46 pm *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official site launch very soon, hurrah!

Author Topic: Facebook career resume upload+import erasing fix  (Read 8852 times)

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
Facebook career resume upload+import erasing fix
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:17:40 am »

So I was applying for a job that requires using Facebook’s career section, and I found it immensely helpful that it automatically filled in most of the form (Skills, Education History, Experience, etc) via your profile, as that information can take well over half an hour to fill in every time. However, an uploaded resume is also required on the form, and when you upload the file, Facebook tries to import the contents from it, thereby deleting all information already filled in!

The following is the solution to this problem
  1. Make sure all information you have already filled in (the non automatic stuff) is saved elsewhere to fill in again. If this includes Skills, Education History or Experience, I highly recommend you fill this information directly into your Facebook profile. It can be made private if you do not wish it to be shared.
  2. Upload your resume, which will erase everything already on the forms.
  3. After you have uploaded your resume, run the following javascript (available via your browser’s javacript/developer console):
    document.getElementsByName('cand_resume_fbid')[0].value
    and store the result
  4. Do a complete/hard refresh (ctrl+f5) of the page. While this will erase the resume, it will again fill in all the other automatic information.
  5. Run the following javascript to restore the resume (replacing the ### with the value received from above):
    document.getElementsByName('cand_resume_fbid')[0].value='###';
    The change will not show on the page, but it works