Home Page
  • March 19, 2024, 07:18:19 am *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official site launch very soon, hurrah!

Author Topic: how to enter the parameters?  (Read 25785 times)

chemsed

• View Profile
how to enter the parameters?
« on: June 22, 2016, 02:18:49 pm »

Hello, I want to use the PlexPlaylistImporter, but I don't know how to enter my parameters. I run this command in powershell (I use win 8.1):
    python PlexPlaylistImporter.py and it returned me that:Parameters:        1 (Required): The path of the playlist file. If the file extension is not recognized, the file is parsed as a Winamp playlist (.m3u)        2 (Required): The name of the playlist in Plex to import to. If it does not exist, the program will prompt on whether to create it        3 (Optional): The path to the sqlite3 database file\n        * The program tries to guess the path for the Plex data directory. If it cannot be found, this path needs to be passed explicitly        If the database is still not found from the given Plex path, the full path to the database is required
And my playlist is not in plex. I tried to look in the readme file of github, but I don't even have an exemple of how to do that. I tought the program would ask inputs as usual.

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
Re: how to enter the parameters?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 09:08:00 pm »

You need to either be running on the computer that has the plex server installed, or be able to access plex's config directory directly. If it is not running on the same computer, let me know and I'll elaborate.

---

Go to your current directory with your playlist file.
Run: PlexPlaylistImporter YourPlayListFileName.m3u PlayListNameYouWantInPlex
E.x.: PlexPlaylistImporter Disc1.m3u "They Might Be Giants"

chemsed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 12:31:08 am »

Ok. I see. I did that, but by trials and errors, I've run into several annoyances.
I guess that french characters is the cause of that error:"List Importer 'Winamp playlist':'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 323:invalid continuarion byte
I chose an full English playlist. I have that:"Playlist name has already been taken by a non-playlist"
It seem that my plex playlist name can't be the same as the artist that is already in my plex library, so I change the playlist name to "paramorelist":DB Error: no such module fts4

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 03:24:33 am »

I'm working on updating the software this weekend.

chemsed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 01:20:20 pm »

Thank you. That program is promising and I think it will be very useful.

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 01:41:47 am »

I guess that french characters is the cause of that error:"List Importer  'Winamp playlist':'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position  323:invalid continuarion byte
I have added a command line flag that lets you set the encoding of the file. You will want to set it to ISO-8859-1.
I chose an full English playlist. I have that:"Playlist name has already been taken by a non-playlist"
This has been fixed.
It seem that my plex playlist name can't be the same as the artist that  is already in my plex library, so I change the playlist name to  "paramorelist":DB Error: no such module fts4
I have added the following to the README file:
If running this mentions something about “no such module : FTS4”, you may need to replace the sqlite3.dll or sqlite3.so for your Python, which can be found at https://www.sqlite.org/download.html .
For a Python for Windows install, the DLL location will most likely be located at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python%PYTHON_VERSION%\DLLs.

The new version is available on github. Will be uploading a new windows executable within the next few days.

chemsed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »

Thank you. I will check it out.

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 04:42:39 pm »

Sure. If you needed the latest executable, it is available in this thread.