Home Page
  • March 29, 2024, 08:43:28 am *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official site launch very soon, hurrah!

Author Topic: OllyDbg 2.0  (Read 8068 times)

Dakusan

• Programmer Person
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dakusan's Domain
OllyDbg 2.0
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:32:13 am »

Original post for OllyDbg 2.0 can be found at https://www.castledragmire.com/Posts/OllyDbg_2.0.
Originally posted on: 12/24/08

OllyDbg is my favorite assembly editing environment for reverse engineering applications in Windows. I used it for all of my Ragnarok Online projects in 2002, and you can find a tutorial that uses it here (sorry, the writing in it is horrible x.x; ).

Ever since I started using it back then, the author was talking about his complete rewrite of the program, dubbed version 2.0, that was supposedly going to be much, much better. I have been patiently waiting for it ever since :-).Rather randomly, I decided to check back on the website yesterday, after not having visiting there for over a year, and low and behold, the first beta of version 2.0 [self-mirror] was released yesterday! :-D. Unfortunately, I’m not really doing any reverse engineering or assembly level work right now, so I have no reason or need to test it :-\.

... So yes, just wanted to call attention to this wonderful program being updated, that’s all for today!